Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Bethesda Lutheran Communities
Registered Nurse- Case Manager
Cypress - NW Houston, TX 77433 United States
Registered Nurse Manager
A professional registered nurse, currently licensed in the state of Texas, who is responsible to the Area Director of our HCS program or ICF program which he/she is assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provides nursing care according to the physician’s orders, in compliance with recognized nursing standards and State and Federal Regulations.
• Uses the nursing process to make continuing assessments of the individuals total health needs.
• Implements nursing interventions based on assessment data.
• Documents timely, outcome based information.
• Develops and implements the nursing plan of care.
• Gives direct nursing care commensurate with education, training, or experience.
• Facilitates teaching experiences for staff and individuals.
• Delegates to nursing personnel in accordance with the Texas Board of Nursing.
• Develops all needed reports, data, goals, and objectives related to the IPP plan.
• Completes all ICF-MR paperwork as assigned.
• Acts as liaison between team and medical staff, nursing, etc.
• Does rounds throughout the facility on assigned shifts.
• Acts as a resource professional for all nursing staff as well as the IDT.
• Conforms with and provides nursing care according to the physician orders, in compliance with recognized nursing standards and State/Federal regulations.
• Responsible for reassigning nursing staff to meet the needs of the facility / department.
• All other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable)
In the absence of a Nurse Manager or the DN, an RN shall be responsible for ensuring that staff follows policies of the facility, follow up on concerns that cannot be delayed, reassign staff as necessary, communicate to administration information regarding individual/employee status changes, and if unable to secure coverage, remain on duty until replacement is found.
Education, training, experience:
Minimum Job Qualifications
Education and/or Experience
May be a graduate of one of the following approved professional nursing schools: Two-year Associate Degree Program; three-year Diploma Program; or four-year BSN Program
Experience in the following areas valuable: Gerontology, rehabilitation, pediatrics, psychiatry, developmental disabilities. Experience as a charge nurse is helpful.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations
Active and current registration in the state of employment.
Terms & Conditions