Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Central Texas OB/GYN Associates
Nurses - RN/LVN
Austin, TX 78705 United States
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, 401K, Paid Time Off & Holidays
Purpose: Responsible for providing professional nursing care for patients while adhering to established policies and procedures. Responsible for a variety of pre, intra, and post encounter activities related to patient care.
• Manages the daily flow of patients through the office including greeting patients, preparing patients for examination, screening for information, and giving instruction on collection of samples and tests.
• Screens patient calls to the physician; handles all calls that do not require the physician’s intervention, ensuring that phone calls are returned in a timely manner.
• Triage unscheduled patients to the care center and implement appropriate interventions.
• Provides general nursing care, administers prescribed medications, and treats patients according to nursing standards.
• Ensures treatment areas are safe, organized, clean, have well-functioning equipment, and supplies are adequate.
• Assists Physician during examination and treatment of patients.
• Observes, records, and reports patient’s condition to Physician.
• Educates patients and their family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition, and maintenance of health and wellness.
• Maintains and reviews patient’s records and charts post tests and examination results.
• Reviews lab results and notifies Physician of abnormalities and communicates recommended treatment to patient.
• Takes appropriate action for medical and non-medical emergencies occurring within the office.
• Assists in surgery scheduling as needed.
• Promote quality patient care and customer satisfaction.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, training, experience:
Skills, Education, & Experience:
• Requires Registered Nursing Degree and Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
• Requires at least 1 year of professional nursing experience, OB/GYN experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of professional nursing theory, regulations and practices to give and evaluate patient care.
• Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish and maintain a safe work environment.
• Possesses a high degree of personal integrity and professionalism.
• Excellent communications skills (written and verbal).
• Must have basic computer knowledge.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
• Ability to maintain quality control standards.
• Ability to handle high patient volume.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time and perform other physical demands including walking, reaching, bending, and lifting.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
• May require ability to climb ladder to retrieve and file patient medical records, and store supplies.
• Must be able to handle difficult situations in a professional manor and maintain confidentiality.
Terms & Conditions