Job Seeker Home
Research Data Coordinator
Houston, TX 77030 United States
The primary purpose of the Coordinator, Research Data position is to provide administrative and patient care services for the coordination of clinical research studies for the Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology. Coordinates the development of and assists with maintenance of paper flow for protocols and dissemination of data resulting from the protocols, for the completion of data forms, treatment records and review of records before submission to pharmaceutical companies, federal agencies, internal groups, and other institutions. Coordinates communication between these groups and department chairman in regard to research studies.
1. Develops and maintains a processing and tracking system for all protocol related paperwork. A basic knowledge of medical terminology is required. Must be able to use a computer with manual keyboard and have word processing skills.
2. Assists in the data collection, enters data in a timely manner and provides reports/updates as requested. Follows and complies with institutional, state, and/or federal regulations for study initiation, conduct and termination. Assists with data analysis of research studies.
3. Monitors patient compliance while on study under the supervision of the research nurse and physician investigator. Communicate with protocol physician regarding study progress, enrollment and patient results.
4. Reads and becomes familiar with protocol specific guidelines and general procedures for caring for the patient with gastrointestinal malignancies.
5. Schedules sample collection, draw blood samples, diagnostic tests (EKGs) and return appointments per protocol schema. Communicates with patients regarding return appointments, tests, and/or physician visits. Maintains schedules for timely submission of protocol data. May require use of electronic calendars and/or manual calendars. Assists research nurse in the registration and randomization of patients.
6. Must be able to clearly write and/or clearly communicate verbally person-to-person or over the telephone.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: College courses or Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Required: Two years of related experience. Preferred education may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Education, training, experience:
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
Terms & Conditions