Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Car Seat Safety Senior Checker - Woman s Place (PRN) - Methodist Hospital
San Antonio, TX 78229 United States
General Statement of Duties:
Responsible for assisting with oversight of the Buckle Up Baby Instructors, as well as providing effective and comprehensive research-based education to families in the community on child passenger safety.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Oversees the work of the Buckle Up Baby Instructors at Buckle Up Baby classes and sponsored events; to include verification of adherence to child passenger safety best practice education and installation recommendations, as well as documentation standards.
2. Identifies and addresses areas of performance improvement with the Buckle Up Baby Program Coordinator and Buckle Up Baby Instructors.
3. Conducts classes, workshops and demonstrations to teach child passenger safety best practice recommendations using established curricula.
4. Creates a learning environment that supports the educational process and provides a basis for a support network for families and Buckle Up Baby Instructors.
5. Serves as a mentor and resource to Buckle Up Baby Instructors and the public.
6. Complies with the duties and responsibilities outlined in the Buckle Up Baby Instructor (Non-RN) job description.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Orders materials, supplies and/or equipment as needed.
2. Participates in the performance improvement process as related to the provision of child passenger safety services.
3. Conducts, participates in and attends related child passenger safety workshops, educational courses and conferences.
4. Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
5. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
6. Must learn and comply with system and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
7. Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules, regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
8. Completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Child passenger safety technician certification is required. High school diploma or GED required, college degree preferred.
Experience with child safety seat and booster seat installation is required. Correct child safety seat selection, use and installation teaching experience is also required.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
Child Passenger Safety Technician certification.
( ) INSIDE: Spends approximately 40 hours or more per week inside.
( ) OUTSIDE: Spends approximately 40 hours per week outside
(including driving/running work related errands).
(X) BOTH: The activities occur inside and outside in approximately equal amounts.
WORK POSITIONS: (defined in 10% increments of work time):
Sitting 45% Standing 30% Walking 25%
( ) SEDENTARY WORK: Lifting 10 lbs. maximum and occasional lifting and/or carrying articles.
(X) LIGHT WORK: Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying articles weighing up to 10 lbs.
( ) MEDIUM WORK: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
( ) HEAVY WORK: Lifting 100 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
( ) VERY HEAVY WORK: Lifting objects in excess of 100 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing more than 50 lbs.
( ) Ability to lift, push and pull with assistance (mechanical or co-worker) the weight of an average patient specific to the department.
Education, training, experience:
Terms & Conditions