Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
The College of Health Care Professions
VN Program Director
Austin, TX 78752 United States
Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life, AD&D, Dependent Life offered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise and evaluate instructional staff.
• Direct advisory committee activities for program.
• Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations. Ensures the consistent compliance with the regulations for the Texas Board of Nursing Examiners.
• Prepares and submits the required documents to the Texas Board of Nursing Examiners.
• Monitor instructor lesson plans and their posting.
• Screen instructional applicants.
• Review curriculum and textbooks with instructors, program managers, advisory board, and Campus President.
• Review student evaluations of instructors and programs, externship evaluations, employer surveys, and graduate surveys with the DOE/EC, and Campus President.
• Interview prospective students during enrollment process as needed.
• Conduct new student orientation as needed.
• Review completion and placement rates with Director of Career Services and Campus President.
• Schedules and conducts in-service training.
• Develops annual start date calendar.
• Assist registrar in maintaining employee and student records.
• Monitor TWC, federal and accrediting standards compliance.
• Adheres to academic policies/procedures for compliance.
• Assist with new program development.
• Assist with student advising.
• Assist Director of Education/Education Coordination with administrative functions.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
• Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information. Skilled in the writing of funding agency proposals.
• Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals.
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
• Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition.
• Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, training, experience:
Minimum of a BSN in nursing, Master's degree in nursing preferred, with a minimum of one to two year teaching experience in a vocational or professional nursing program. Active, unencumbered license to practice nursing in Texas. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and proven leadership and management skills along with current nursing practice experience.
Terms & Conditions