Job Seeker Home
Advanced Practice Nurse - Gyn Onc & Reproductive Medicine
Houston, TX 77030 United States
The primary purpose of the Advanced Practice Nurse position in the Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Medicine Department is to provide direct patient care to all Gynecologic and Gynecologic Oncology patients through comprehensive patient assessment, planning, treatment, evaluation, and patient, family, and staff education. Care of patients takes place in multiple settings including The MDACC Gynecologic Oncology clinic, inpatient services, and the Woman's Hospital of Texas and Lyndon B. Johnson Satellites.
1. Performs comprehensive patient assessments including medical history, physical examination, and psychosocial assessments utilizing age-specific and cultural competencies. Orders testing as needed. Reviews findings and test results and reports test results to physician.
2. Orders or performs interventions and treatments based on patient assessments and in consultation with the physician. Evaluates patient response to treatments. Prevents, minimizes, and manages symptoms, toxicities, and health abnormalities in collaboration with physician and other allied health personnel.
3. Provides comprehensive health, disease, and treatment education to patients and families, and participates in the formal and informal education of all MD Anderson staff and trainees.
4. Utilizes evidence-based practice and contributes to the research program of the Department of Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Medicine including collaboration on research projects, identification of patients appropriate for enrollment in research studies, and application of pertinent research in the development of patient treatment plans.
5. Actively participates in continuing professional education including establishing and maintaining competency caring for all patient populations in Department of Gynecologic Oncologic and Reproductive Medicine, and participating in professional activities such as research, presentations, publications, and continuing education.
Job Description-Requirements Education
Required: Master's Degree in Nursing.
Required: Graduate education and related Board of Nurse Examiner (BNE) authorization must be consistent with clinical practice area and/or patient population.
Required: Two years clinical experience.
Preferred: Two (2) years in the Advanced Practice Role. One (1) year Oncology and/or Gynecology or Gynecologic Oncology experience.
Authorization for limited prescriptive authority by the State of Texas BNE may be required if needed.
Education, training, experience:
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
Terms & Conditions